Known problems in the
Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" hardened binary distribution
by Guido Trentalancia
The Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" hardened binary distribution released on this site, has the
following known problems and technical limitations:
- the functionality of the two internal cameras has not been tested yet and the camera
support is work in progress;
- the 2G/3G/4G mobile phone network search function normally shows the results as MCC/MNC
numeric codes instead of the network name;
- the FM Radio functionality has not been tested yet, as there is no known free
open-source application to use;
- the NFC functionality and system application has not been tested, although it might
- the battery indicator sometimes shows an empty battery until the phone is rebooted,
despite the battery has enough charge or is under charge (of course the phone will
not die until there is enough charge, even if it is not rebooted);
- automatic display rotation is not available;
- other pre-existing Android 4.4.4 bugs not related to security might be present in
the distribution, as non security-related bugs are fixed with a very low priority at
The Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" OS hardened binary distribution for the Sony Xperia E3 (D2203, D2206, D2243, D2202) devices is available here: Android 4.4.4 KitKat hardened binary distribution
Android is Copyright (C) 2007-2021 by the Android Open Source Project
and is a trademark of Google Inc.
Xperia is a trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2021 Guido Trentalancia. All rights reserved.